Pb with Skins for buttons inside a wizard StartNavigationTemplate

WT

Hello,

I use to adapt skins in codebehind , using OnPreInit to set buttons skins
depending inner parameters.

This works perfectly but not for buttons inside a StartNavigationTemplate, I
find butons, set the skin but the new value I set is not kept and when I
enter in OnInit I can check thta the old original value for my buttons
skinID has come back ???

here is the declaration
<StartNavigationTemplate>
<tbody>
<asp:ImageButton ID="StartCancelButton" runat="server" SkinID="cancel_en"
CommandName="Cancel" CausesValidation="False" />
<asp:ImageButton ID="StartNextButton" runat="server" SkinID="setupnext_en"
CommandName="MoveNext" />
</tbody>
</StartNavigationTemplate>

And codebehind in OnPreInit

Control ctl = FindControlDeep(CreateUserWizard1,"StartCancelButton");
if (ctl != null)
{
Trace2.WriteLine(string.Format("StartCancelButton Skin: {0}",ctl.SkinID ));
ctl.SkinID = "cancel_" + ext;
Trace2.WriteLine(string.Format("after StartCancelButton Skin:
{0}",ctl.SkinID ));
}

What is the mistery with these templates ?

CS

WT

Only way I found was to create templates in codebehind and replace the
declaratives ones which were too restrictive.

CS

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi CS,

I tried your code but it works fine on my side. From your description I
think the SkinID is reset in a phase between PreInit and Init but without
repro code I'm not sure where it is.

Could you send me a demo that can reproduce this problem? My email is
(e-mail address removed) update here after sending the project in case I
missed that email.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support