  1. Hasil Sharma

    Hasil Sharma Guest

    I m having network dumps in the form of pcap files and I want to extract the html,css, image files etc etc all that can be extracted from those pcap files , can anyone please tell me how to accomplish such a task in python ?

    Hasil Sharma, Apr 26, 2013

  2. On 25Apr2013 21:55, Hasil Sharma <> wrote:
    | I m having network dumps in the form of pcap files and I want to
    | extract the html,css, image files etc etc all that can be extracted
    | from those pcap files , can anyone please tell me how to accomplish
    | such a task in python ?

    I would reassemble the TCP packets into data streams and then handle
    them to an HTTP or MIME parser. For the first part, have you tried
    a google search? Like this:

    https://www.google.com.au/search?q=reassemble pcap files into tcp streams

    Looks promising, particularly the "streams" and "tcpreplay" stuff.
    Or even search the Python Package Index for "pcap", even indirectly via google:

    https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...-GB:official&client=firefox-beta&channel=fflb

    Then just handle the data streams to a normal Python MIME parser
    to figure out what's in them.

    Cheers,
    --
    Cameron Simpson <>

    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of
    bubblegum. - Roddy Piper

    Cameron Simpson, Apr 26, 2013