PDA Local Cache

Just D.

All,

How can we disable the local cache on PDA? I wrote the Web application that
works on PDA, the problem is when I click the BackSpace button I'm able to
see all previous pages and I hate that. The connection is secure but PDA
returns all these pages from it's local cache breaking the data flow. The
cache is disabled on aspx pages using the special tag, but it doesn't help.
What are any possible ways to block the BackSpace button when we use PDA
with its built-in browser to work with Web Application or to clean the cache
up to prevent showing all previous pages?

The main question is - if I show some list that should be hidden for other
users, the current user finishes his task, maybe even closes the browser and
gives this PDA to anybody else and this new person when starts the browser
can see all previous pages from the local cache. Nonsense. How can I disable
that from my ASPX or codebehind?

Dmitri.

Jean-Luc David [MS-MVP]

Hi Dmitri,

To prevent page caching using HTTP headers, look at this article:
http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/nocache.html

Here are a few KB articles related to ASP.NET caching:

Q307225 INFO: ASP.NET Caching Overview
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q307/2/25.asp

Q308375 HOW TO: Control Output Page Caching in ASP.NET Using Visual C#
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q308/3/75.asp

Thanks,
Jean-Luc David
Microsoft .NET MVP