pdf file client side open problem

Jens Jensen

Hi,
We are streaming a pdf file to clients via Internet explorer .The pdf file
is streamed over https .
Sometime, when the file opens, it is seen for a few millisecond and is
killed again. Meaning , the client has no chance to view it.

This only happens for some clients. We have created a help link wich solve
the problem without using https. Just http.

We have also observed that setting "dont save encrypted file" in IE settings
solves the problem.

we are wondering about what causes this and how to provide a general
solution, hoppefully on the server side.

Any help will be higly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
JJ