PDF File Corrupt

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?QmFkaXM=?=, Jan 15, 2007.

  1. Hi,

    I'm running this code to open a stream as pdf file:
    Response.ContentType = "application/pdf";
    try
    { mystream = someStream....;
    byte[] myfile = mystream.ReadBytes((int)someStreamLenght);
    myfile.Length.ToString();
    Response.BinaryWrite(myfile);
    }
    finally
    {
    Response.Flush();
    Response.Close();
    mystream.Close();
    }
    but I run it in a 3 different machines it's telling me that the file is
    corrupt or damaged.
    and when running it in different machine that have the latest Acrobat 8.0
    the document is opening fine!!!?
    is this an issue with ASP? because I running VS 2005.

    Cheers.

    =?Utf-8?B?QmFkaXM=?=, Jan 15, 2007

  2. If this code is behind an .aspx page, make sure there isn't anything in the
    actual .aspx design surface. You can have the page directive and such, but
    you can't have the html elements or anything else. I find making sure that
    you don't have any spaces there either it helps, just the page directive and
    any references or other directives and nothing else.

    --

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Jan 15, 2007