PDF Library - Reading the PDF Document

Chintakrindi Meghanath

------_=_NextPart_001_01C612F3.E5CFE177

Hi=20
=20
Thanks for everyone.
I downloaded the PDF library and going through the documentation.
Most of the documentation mentioned , how to create the documents.
Can anyone tell me the which method to use to read the PDF and its =
contents.
=20
Thanks

Meghanath

=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C612F3.E5CFE177--

Austin Ziegler

Thanks for everyone.
I downloaded the PDF library and going through the documentation.
Most of the documentation mentioned , how to create the documents.
Can anyone tell me the which method to use to read the PDF and its conten=
ts.

I answered that already.

*All* of the documentation for PDF::Writer is about writing.

PDF::Writer does not and will not support reading. There is going to
be a secondary package released sometime later this year (there is a
high probability of fall '06) that will support reading. The
combination of reading and writing will thus support modification.

If you want reading now, you need to use something that isn't written in Ru=
by.

-austin

Hannes Wyss

As a matter of fact there is a pure-ruby PDF-reading library.
Unfortunately I have not had the time to document it properly, but here
it is anyway:=20

http://download.ywesee.com/rpdf2txt/rpdf2txt-1.0.tar.bz2
http://scm.ywesee.com/?p=3Drpdf2txt

glad to answer any questions you might have, eager to get your Feedback.

cheers
Hannes

tents.

I answered that already.

*All* of the documentation for PDF::Writer is about writing.

PDF::Writer does not and will not support reading. There is going to
be a secondary package released sometime later this year (there is a
high probability of fall '06) that will support reading. The
combination of reading and writing will thus support modification.

If you want reading now, you need to use something that isn't written in= Ruby.

-austin

--=20
Mit freundlichen Gr=FCssen / best regards

Hannes Wyss
Konzeption & Entwicklung

pub 1024D/60312B5F 2003-10-09 Hannes Wyss <[email protected]>
Key fingerprint =3D 82D1 90C7 3F3D 93DC F715 4F8B 987A 628E 6031 2B=
5F

+41 43 540 05 49

www.ywesee.com > intellectual capital connected > www.oddb.org