PDF of Flanagan and Matsumoto Ruby book?

Paul van Delst

Hello,

Apologies if this topic has already come up - I searched google groups but didn't find
anything recent.

I notice that "The Ruby Programming Language" by David Flanagan and Yukihiro Matsumoto is
scheduled for a Dec07/Jan08 release by O'Reilly. Anyone know if a PDF version (ala the
"Ruby Cookbook") is going to be made available?

cheers,

paulv

Dean Wampler

+1.

I'm on the road a lot and I would be delighted if a PDF version were made
available. Hint, hint! ;)

--
Dean Wampler
http://www.objectmentor.com

Rick DeNatale

Two things:

1. Some O'Reilly titles are available as PDFs others aren't. Just
because "Ruby Cookbook" is available as a PDF doesn't mean than any
particular upcoming O'Reilly title will be.

2. I notice that "Ruby Cookbook" is available for PURCHASE as a pdf
from the O'Reilly site for $34.99 for the whole thing or $3.99 per
chapter as individual chapters. which makes me wonder about the
provenance of what's at the end of the link above.

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/rubyckbk/

Do I think O'Reilly books in PDF form are overpriced? Perhaps. Does
that mean that they should be pirated? No.

Keith Fahlgren

Two things:

1. Some O'Reilly titles are available as PDFs others aren't. Just
because "Ruby Cookbook" is available as a PDF doesn't mean than any
particular upcoming O'Reilly title will be.

Hi,

I believe all of the O'Reilly Ruby titles[1] are available as PDFs, so
would be very surprised if this one wasn't available a couple of weeks
after it hits the store shelves this winter.

HTH,
Keith

1. http://www.oreilly.com/pub/topic/ruby

Except for the PragProg ones said:
so
would be very surprised if this one wasn't available a couple of weeks
after it hits the store shelves this winter.

If so that's good, although I doubt I'd pay the price they want for
the PDF, and I personally stick with the dead-tree version. But I
also wouldn't go looking for a torrent either.