    "Ruby Cookbook") is going to be made available?

    cheers,

    paulv

    Paul van Delst, Nov 16, 2007

  2. Paul van Delst

    Dean Wampler Guest

    +1.

    I'm on the road a lot and I would be delighted if a PDF version were made
    available. Hint, hint! ;)

    --
    Dean Wampler
    http://www.objectmentor.com

    Dean Wampler, Nov 16, 2007

  3. Lloyd Linklater, Nov 16, 2007
  4. On Nov 16, 2007 5:52 PM, Lloyd Linklater <> wrote:
    > Dean Wampler wrote:
    > > +1.
    > >
    > > I'm on the road a lot and I would be delighted if a PDF version were
    > > made
    > > available. Hint, hint! ;)

    > I think that there must be.
    >
    > http://www.torrentz.com/search?q=Ruby Cookbook&x=48&y=36

    Two things:

    1. Some O'Reilly titles are available as PDFs others aren't. Just
    because "Ruby Cookbook" is available as a PDF doesn't mean than any
    particular upcoming O'Reilly title will be.

    2. I notice that "Ruby Cookbook" is available for PURCHASE as a pdf
    from the O'Reilly site for $34.99 for the whole thing or $3.99 per
    chapter as individual chapters. which makes me wonder about the
    provenance of what's at the end of the link above.

    http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/rubyckbk/

    Do I think O'Reilly books in PDF form are overpriced? Perhaps. Does
    that mean that they should be pirated? No.

    --
    Rick DeNatale

    My blog on Ruby
    http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/

    Rick DeNatale, Nov 16, 2007
  5. On Nov 16, 2007 3:29 PM, Rick DeNatale <> wrote:
    > Two things:
    >
    > 1. Some O'Reilly titles are available as PDFs others aren't. Just
    > because "Ruby Cookbook" is available as a PDF doesn't mean than any
    > particular upcoming O'Reilly title will be.

    Hi,

    I believe all of the O'Reilly Ruby titles[1] are available as PDFs, so
    would be very surprised if this one wasn't available a couple of weeks
    after it hits the store shelves this winter.

    HTH,
    Keith

    1. http://www.oreilly.com/pub/topic/ruby

    Keith Fahlgren, Nov 17, 2007
  6. On Nov 16, 2007 7:12 PM, Keith Fahlgren <> wrote:
    > On Nov 16, 2007 3:29 PM, Rick DeNatale <> wrote:
    > > Two things:
    > >
    > > 1. Some O'Reilly titles are available as PDFs others aren't. Just
    > > because "Ruby Cookbook" is available as a PDF doesn't mean than any
    > > particular upcoming O'Reilly title will be.

    > Hi,
    >
    > I believe all of the O'Reilly Ruby titles[1] are available as PDFs,

    Except for the PragProg ones, at least not from O'Reilly. <G>

    > so
    > would be very surprised if this one wasn't available a couple of weeks
    > after it hits the store shelves this winter.

    If so that's good, although I doubt I'd pay the price they want for
    the PDF, and I personally stick with the dead-tree version. But I
    also wouldn't go looking for a torrent either.

    Rick DeNatale, Nov 17, 2007