    acrobatreader when i click to this link. How can i return to the initial
    website?
    Meany thanks for who can help me.
    smed, Jan 13, 2005

  2. smed

    SpaceGirl Guest

    smed wrote:
    > When i have a site within a link to a pdf file, this pdf file open with
    > acrobatreader when i click to this link. How can i return to the initial
    > website?
    > Meany thanks for who can help me.

    You really have no control over this as it is to do with the users browesr.

    the PDF file (you have to click BACK to get back to the web page) or the
    PDF will open in an acrobat reader window.

    window and then load the PDF. If the user closes this window, the
    orginal window will still be open.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Jan 13, 2005

  3. smed

    Guest

    smed wrote:
    > When i have a site within a link to a pdf file, this pdf file open

    with
    > acrobatreader when i click to this link. How can i return to the

    initial
    > website?

    Click the back button on your browser or add a link within the PDF.
    --
    Hywel
    , Jan 13, 2005
  4. While the city slept, smed () feverishly
    typed...

    > When i have a site within a link to a pdf file, this pdf file open
    > with acrobatreader when i click to this link.

    Assuming the user has Acrobat Reader (or similar) installed of course.

    > How can i return to the
    > initial website?

    I'm assuming here that the file opens in your browser with an "embedded"
    version of Acrobat within the browser. Does your browser have a "back"
    button? That's how I usually get back, and I think most of your visitors
    will do the same (if they want to)

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss
    http://www.nigenet.org.uk
    nice.guy.nige, Jan 13, 2005
  5. SpaceGirl wrote:
    > window and then load the PDF. If the user closes this window, the
    > orginal window will still be open.

    And in many cases, the user will end up with an empty browser window in
    addition to a PDF viewer window. Very confusing.
    Leif K-Brooks, Jan 13, 2005
  6. smed

    Toby Inkster Guest

    SpaceGirl wrote:

    > the PDF file (you have to click BACK to get back to the web page) or the
    > PDF will open in an acrobat reader window...

    .... or it will open in some other PDF handling software ... or they'll be
    prompted to save the file.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Jan 13, 2005
  7. smed

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Toby Inkster wrote:
    > SpaceGirl wrote:

    >>the PDF file (you have to click BACK to get back to the web page) or the
    >>PDF will open in an acrobat reader window...

    > ... or it will open in some other PDF handling software ... or they'll be
    > prompted to save the file.

    Like I said... you have no real control at all.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Jan 14, 2005