PDF::SimpleTable

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Neha Chopra, Oct 4, 2007.

  1. Neha Chopra

    Neha Chopra Guest

    Neha Chopra, Oct 4, 2007

  2. Austin Ziegler, Oct 4, 2007

  3. Neha Chopra

    Neha Chopra Guest

    Austin Ziegler wrote:
    > On 10/4/07, Neha Chopra <> wrote:
    >> Is it possible to have a table inside another table in PDF.

    > Not using PDF::SimpleTable.
    >
    > -austin

    then what can be another way of generating pdf in ruby and having a
    table inside another table.
    Neha Chopra, Oct 4, 2007
  4. On 10/4/07, Neha Chopra <> wrote:
    > Austin Ziegler wrote:
    > > On 10/4/07, Neha Chopra <> wrote:
    > >> Is it possible to have a table inside another table in PDF.

    > > Not using PDF::SimpleTable.

    > then what can be another way of generating pdf in ruby and having a
    > table inside another table.

    Find a formatter that can do that. Tables aren't a basic feature of
    PDFs. SimpleTable is a simplified way of looking at a table and
    drawing it on the page.

    (Layout in general isn't a basic feature of PDFs. PDF documents are
    just canvases linked together. Any meaning is provided by the reader.)

    -austin
    --
    Austin Ziegler * * http://www.halostatue.ca/
    * * http://www.halostatue.ca/feed/
    Austin Ziegler, Oct 4, 2007
  5. Neha Chopra

    John Joyce Guest

    On Oct 4, 2007, at 6:29 AM, Neha Chopra wrote:

    > Austin Ziegler wrote:
    >> On 10/4/07, Neha Chopra <> wrote:
    >>> Is it possible to have a table inside another table in PDF.

    >> Not using PDF::SimpleTable.
    >>
    >> -austin

    > then what can be another way of generating pdf in ruby and having a
    > table inside another table.

    You might consider scripting an app that is a page layout or design
    app which can write pdf or print to pdf. You'll get more features.
    John Joyce, Oct 4, 2007
  6. Neha Chopra

    Andrea Fazzi Guest

    Neha Chopra ha scritto:

    > then what can be another way of generating pdf in ruby and having a
    > table inside another table.

    Please see:

    * http://deplate.sourceforge.net/
    * http://dokkit.rubyforge.org/ (a new release will be soon available)

    With the two applications above you can get a pdf from a tex file. The
    tex file is generated from an emacs-wiki formatted source file.

    Hope this help,
    Andrea
    Andrea Fazzi, Oct 9, 2007
  7. On 10/4/07, John Joyce <> wrote:

    > You might consider scripting an app that is a page layout or design
    > app which can write pdf or print to pdf. You'll get more features.

    I've had good results using ruby to generate lout
    [http://lout.sourceforge.net/] and then scripting the lout -> ps ->
    pdf toolchain with system calls.

    martin
    Martin DeMello, Oct 9, 2007