PDF::SimpleTable

Austin Ziegler

then what can be another way of generating pdf in ruby and having a
table inside another table.

Find a formatter that can do that. Tables aren't a basic feature of
PDFs. SimpleTable is a simplified way of looking at a table and
drawing it on the page.

(Layout in general isn't a basic feature of PDFs. PDF documents are
just canvases linked together. Any meaning is provided by the reader.)

-austin

John Joyce

then what can be another way of generating pdf in ruby and having a
table inside another table.
You might consider scripting an app that is a page layout or design
app which can write pdf or print to pdf. You'll get more features.

Martin DeMello

You might consider scripting an app that is a page layout or design
app which can write pdf or print to pdf. You'll get more features.

I've had good results using ruby to generate lout
[http://lout.sourceforge.net/] and then scripting the lout -> ps ->
pdf toolchain with system calls.

martin