PDF -> TIFF.

George Ter-Saakov

I need to convert various document types (xls, doc, pdf, ..) to TIFF format.
Then TIFF file is going to be faxed so there is some restriction on
resolution/dpi i can use.

There are plenty of solutions on internet but when i tested couple it
produced pretty bad faxes.

1. Can anyone recommend something, which gives good quality. (I do not mind
if it cost money).

2. Some solutions work like a print driver. So basically i should print the
document and driver will produce an image. Is it good approach to run under
ASP?

George.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi George,

Thank you for posting here. Based on your description, you are looking for
some components to convert multi type of documents into the TIFF document.
Then print the doc out. Is my understanding correct?

As for such converting components, there'are many third party components
which provide the converting functions(from other format to TIFF or image).
I've searched some weblinks on this, you may have a check:
http://www.hot4download.com/Design_Tools/GerbMagic_190.htm

http://www.eprintdriver.com/combine-multiple-pages.html

http://www.print-driver.com/versions/version2-7.htm

Also, I think you may have a look at the "Ghostscript" component Twitch
mentioned.
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/AFPL/

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support