    using a com dll with a .net wrapper, but that is causing intermittent errors
    and issues when load increases.

    Thanks

    Guest, Jan 15, 2008

  2. The best is iTextSharp itextsharp.sourceforge.net
    It's a port from Java version of iText and there are a lot of examples on C#
    and Java

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, Jan 15, 2008

  3. "George Ter-Saakov" <> wrote in message

    > The best is iTextSharp itextsharp.sourceforge.net

    I disagree...

    IMO, the best is: http://www.siberix.com/ though it isn't free...

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Jan 15, 2008
  4. Ok, I meant out of free ones.
    I have not evaluated the siberix. But the iTextSharp did everything I needed
    and I can not imagine anything else I would need out of PDF library that
    iTextSharp does not have.

    1. iTextSharp has complete source. so you can easily modify/adapt to your
    needs.
    2. The way it's written I can tell it's a mature product with a lot of
    functionality and most likely you will not need to modify/adapt it :)

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, Jan 15, 2008

    Guest Guest

    I dont mind paying as long as it is robust and scalable.

    Thanks!

    Guest, Jan 15, 2008

    Guest Guest

    If price were not an issue, which would be the best one?

    Guest, Jan 15, 2008
  7. <> wrote in message

    > If price were not an issue, which would be the best one?

    Siberix, IMO.

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Jan 15, 2008
  8. There is a saying... "The shortest road is the one you know".

    Pretty much same goes for best third party software.
    For me it would be iTextSharp but only just because I have written working
    project with it....

    George.

    >>> http://www.markrae.net

    George Ter-Saakov, Jan 15, 2008
  9. <> wrote in message

    >>> The best is iTextSharp itextsharp.sourceforge.net

    >> I disagree...
    >>
    >> IMO, the best is: http://www.siberix.com/ though it isn't free...

    > I don't mind paying as long as it is robust and scalable.

    It is.

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Jan 15, 2008
  10. I'll have to admit that I haven't tried anything too advanced, but we use
    ABCpdf from webSupergoo and it's pretty nice.

    http://www.abcpdf.com/

    Scott Roberts, Jan 15, 2008
  11. Looking at the Siberix site, it can't "Open, modify, merge, split, fill
    forms or print existing PDF documents" which means it doesn't meet the
    stated requirements.

    Chris Bordeman, Jan 17, 2008

    Guest Guest

    Looks like iText is the one for us. We have tested it exhaustively and it
    appears to work well.

    Guest, Jan 28, 2008