pdf toolkit

Guest

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a robust, scalable native .net PDF toolkit library
capable of performing functions like merging, stamping, form data merging,
web browser rendering etc.? I know a few COM libraries exist, but I am
looking for something that is a native .net component. We are currently
using a com dll with a .net wrapper, but that is causing intermittent errors
and issues when load increases.

Thanks

George Ter-Saakov

The best is iTextSharp itextsharp.sourceforge.net
It's a port from Java version of iText and there are a lot of examples on C#
and Java

George.

George Ter-Saakov

Ok, I meant out of free ones.
I have not evaluated the siberix. But the iTextSharp did everything I needed
and I can not imagine anything else I would need out of PDF library that
iTextSharp does not have.

1. iTextSharp has complete source. so you can easily modify/adapt to your
needs.
2. The way it's written I can tell it's a mature product with a lot of
functionality and most likely you will not need to modify/adapt it :)

George.

Guest

If price were not an issue, which would be the best one?

George Ter-Saakov said:
Ok, I meant out of free ones.
I have not evaluated the siberix. But the iTextSharp did everything I
needed and I can not imagine anything else I would need out of PDF library
that iTextSharp does not have.

1. iTextSharp has complete source. so you can easily modify/adapt to your
needs.
2. The way it's written I can tell it's a mature product with a lot of
functionality and most likely you will not need to modify/adapt it :)

George.

George Ter-Saakov

There is a saying... "The shortest road is the one you know".

Pretty much same goes for best third party software.
For me it would be iTextSharp but only just because I have written working
project with it....

George.

If price were not an issue, which would be the best one?

Chris Bordeman

Looking at the Siberix site, it can't "Open, modify, merge, split, fill
forms or print existing PDF documents" which means it doesn't meet the
stated requirements.

George Ter-Saakov said:
Ok, I meant out of free ones.
I have not evaluated the siberix. But the iTextSharp did everything I
needed and I can not imagine anything else I would need out of PDF library
that iTextSharp does not have.

1. iTextSharp has complete source. so you can easily modify/adapt to your
needs.
2. The way it's written I can tell it's a mature product with a lot of
functionality and most likely you will not need to modify/adapt it :)

George.

Guest

Looks like iText is the one for us. We have tested it exhaustively and it
appears to work well.

Mark Rae said:
I don't mind paying as long as it is robust and scalable.

It is.
[/QUOTE]