pdl and arrays containing strings

ked

This one really puzzles me.

How do I convcert a traditional perl array @filelist into a PDL piddle
on which I can index by using the PDL::NiceSlice module. Creating
piddles and NiceSlice works great for everything about piddles of
numbers, but when it comes to text I'm stuck.

print @filelist[0]; returns someting like

/home/user/data/some_datafile.dat

$newfilelist = pdl @filelist;

print $newfilelist(0:2); returns only

[0 0 0]

What am I missing?

Ked

A. Sinan Unur

How do I convcert a traditional perl array @filelist into a PDL piddle
on which I can index by using the PDL::NiceSlice module. Creating
piddles and NiceSlice works great for everything about piddles of
numbers, but when it comes to text I'm stuck.

What am I missing?

DESCRIPTION

PDL is the Perl Data Language, a perl extension that is designed for
scientific and bulk numeric data processing and display.

Sinan