pendingCallbacks[..]async java script error - Cleint Callback

Guest

Hi
Season Greetings,

I'm trying to implement client call backs in my page. i'm using user
controls (composite controls) and these are placed in my master page.

I'm implementing ICallbackEventHandler and ICallbackContainer interfaces in
my user control class to generate the callback, and i palced the respective
javascript function in master page to receive results, and populated to a asp
list box (typically i've to populate a list box on selection of a tree node
in a tree view control)

It is populating the list box however, after populating it is giving a
javascript error ("
_PendingCallbacks[...].async is null or not an object". i'm
generating/triggering only one callback(not multiple), Any clues how to
resolve this issue?

Also, while posting back this form i'm getting "invalid postback or callback
error" for the time being i've disabled the page "enableEventValidation" ,
any one solved this without disabling the validation?

Sosh

Hi Anand,

Don't know about the invalid callback error. But there is a bug in the
javascript that the framework pumps out to deal with callbacks - two of the
javascript functions have unscoped variables used as for-loop indexers.
They are both named i. You can greatly reduce your chances of getting the
PendingCallbacks error by checking all of your own javascript for any
variables named i, and changing them to something else (or scoping them as
local variables by using the var keyword).

Guest

Hi Sosh,
thanks for the suggestions, BTW i'm not using any variable with name "i".

"Sosh" ने लिखा: