    mind numbing attention to spacing around operators etc.
    --
    Robin Becker

    Robin Becker, Nov 8, 2004

  2. On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 10:53:51AM +0000, Robin Becker wrote:
    > Is there a tool that checks/imposes PEP 8 (ie the right core coding
    > style?). It seems that bugfix patches which miss on style are rejected out
    > of hand. [...]

    I doubt that's the case. Care to provide an example?

    -- Gerhard

    Gerhard Haering, Nov 8, 2004

  3. Sylvain Thenault, Nov 8, 2004
  4. Robin Becker

    Robin Becker Guest

    Date: 2004-11-07 14:32
    Sender: *******
    Logged In: YES
    user_id=31392

    The formatting of this patch is wrong. There is a long line
    (>80 chars) and missing whitespace around commas, operators,
    etc.

    --
    Robin Becker

    Robin Becker, Nov 8, 2004
  5. Robin Becker

    Robin Becker Guest

    Sylvain Thenault wrote:
    > On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 10:53:51 +0000, Robin Becker wrote:
    >

    >>Is there a tool that checks/imposes PEP 8 (ie the right core coding style?).

    > The default pylint's policy is consistent with Guido's style guide. But it
    > only checks, not imposes anything nor patches the code to fix detected
    > problems.
    > Pylint is available from http://www.logilab.org/projects/pylint

    thanks I'll give it a whirl
    --
    Robin Becker

    Robin Becker, Nov 8, 2004
  6. On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 11:42:46AM +0000, Robin Becker wrote:
    > Gerhard Haering wrote:
    > >On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 10:53:51AM +0000, Robin Becker wrote:
    > >
    > >>Is there a tool that checks/imposes PEP 8 (ie the right core coding
    > >>style?). It seems that bugfix patches which miss on style are rejected
    > >>out of hand. [...]

    > >I doubt that's the case. Care to provide an example?

    > Date: 2004-11-07 14:32
    > Sender: *******
    > Logged In: YES
    > user_id=31392
    >
    > The formatting of this patch is wrong. There is a long line
    > (>80 chars) and missing whitespace around commas, operators,
    > etc.

    URL?

    -- Gerhard

    Gerhard Haering, Nov 8, 2004