Perfect expand/collapse content script?

m.p.petrov

Hi all,
I'm searching for the perfect script capable of expanding and
collapsing content. The best thing I could find with Google was "DHTML
expand and collapse div menu" at
http://www.dustindiaz.com/dhtml-expand-and-collapse-div-menu/.

The code is really light, however it is not what I'm looking for.

Have you seen a script that can remember the state of the menu
(collapsed or expanded) for the next time you visit the page? Like
Gmail where the state of the "labels" box is remembered.

Is it possible to have a script that when "Switch link" is clicked to
show or hide <dd>? And also to remember its state (with cookies?) for
next time. And also not to put id or classes in <dd> :)) ?