perfmon and perl

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by king, Aug 30, 2010.

  1. king

    king Guest

    Hi All,
    I am using use Win32::perfMon; in a 64 bit windows 7 system. Is htis
    module only for 32 bit if so..where can I get a module for 64 bit os.
    The module got installed but when running the programme, its showing
    the below error. I didn't write any code but just trying to use the
    module and see how it works so that I can use it.
    "
    Can't locate loadable object for module Win32::perfMon in @INC (@INC
    contains: C
    :/Perl64/site/lib C:/Perl64/lib .) at perfmon-cstate.txt line 1
    Compilation failed in require at perfmon-cstate.txt line 1.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at perfmon-cstate.txt line 1."

    Basically not able to load the module.

    What i want to do:
    I want to add c-state residency counter to perfmon and find the c-
    state residency of all the CPU cores.
    Is htis module only for 32 bit if so..where can I get a module for
    64 bit os.
    The module got installed but when running the programme, its showing
    the below error. I didn't write any code but just trying to use the
    module and see how it works so that I can use it.

    Can anybody help me with a solution ?
    king, Aug 30, 2010

  2. king

    king Guest

    On Aug 30, 11:32 am, Ben Morrow <> wrote:
    > Quoth king <>:
    >
    > > Hi All,
    > > I am using use Win32::perfMon; in a 64 bit windows 7 system. Is htis
    > > module only for 32 bit if so..where can I get a module for 64  bit os..
    > > The module got installed but when running the programme, its showing
    > > the below error. I didn't write any code but just trying to use the
    > > module and see how it works so that I can use it.

    > Where did you get the module from? Where did you get your Perl from? Are
    > you sure they're compatible with each other?
    >
    > > "
    > > Can't locate loadable object for module Win32::perfMon in @INC (@INC
    > > contains: C
    > > :/Perl64/site/lib C:/Perl64/lib .) at perfmon-cstate.txt line 1
    > > Compilation failed in require at perfmon-cstate.txt line 1.
    > > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at perfmon-cstate.txt line 1."

    > Do you have a Win32\PerfMon.dll under either of those directories?
    >
    > Ben

    I got the module from cpan. And its their in PPM all available
    modules. I installed using PPM.
    Yes I have copied perfmon.dll in lib directory.

    But is not working still.
    Any otherway to find c-stateresidency using perl and command line
    option?

    Regards
    king, Aug 30, 2010