perform dynamic tasks for C/C++/ObjC programs

Discussion in 'Python' started by YL, Feb 2, 2006.

  1. YL

    YL Guest

    I'm working on an expert system that allows dynamic updating of
    expert's knowledge and logics. I use database to store the info about
    how to evaluate user's responses to questionnaires. The core table
    called EvaluationPoint whose records have
    attributes(evaluation_point_id,questionnaire_id,pattern_id,config,status,...)

    Once a record in table EvaluationPoint been fetched, it becomes an
    object of class EvaluationPoint with virtual sub-type according to its
    pattern specified by pattern_id. Where certain evaluation
    pattern/procedure is defined (EvaluationPattern data are also
    persistently stored in database for runtime management).

    Each instance of EvaluationPoint's config value contains the parameters
    etc. necessary to obtain the exact logic/procedure from its pattern.
    EvaluationPoint and EvaluationPattern are managed by people who have
    certain participations to the system and data.

    My app is writtern in ObjC running on win2k. As compiled language,
    there are limited flexibilities to handle dynamic logics/procedures. So
    I'm thinking about store python code in my config value of
    EvaluationPoint records whenever needed, and let python handle the
    dynamic behavior of evaluationPoints.

    I don't know if this make sense at all but if you have ideas or
    examples about how to interact python from within C/C++/ObjC, please
    advise me. Thanks a lot!
    YL, Feb 2, 2006