Performance and Scalability of JSP and ASP

tharma

I was wondering if some one provides some information about scalability
and performance of ASP vs JSP (not ASP.NET).

Scalability of JSP vs. ASP (which one is better?)

Performance of JSP vs. ASP (which has better performance?)

I have been looking for graphs, and charts that compare JSP vs. ASP
(scalability and performance) but I couldn't find any. If anyone knows
any link which has scalability of performance graph of ASP vs. JSP,
please let me know.

Bruce Barker

you can find studies to support whichever outcome you want. none will tell
about th performace your particular applicaton will get, unless you are
buying a vendor package, in which case they can give the numbers.

high and low performance application can be written in either platform.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

tharma

I just need a general overview of both application in terms of
scalability and performance. Does anyone where i can buy the vendor
package? any links?

thanks

Jason Kester

Both will scale as big as you want. Neither is significantly faster
than the other.

As Bruce mentioned, you can find studies that put whichever technology
you'd like in front, but at the end of the day there both hugely
successful for a reason.

Jason Kester
Expat Software Consulting Services
http://www.expatsoftware.com/