Performance Counters

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Z3JhbGV0?=, Aug 2, 2006.

  1. Hi, I'm using the Microsoft Enterprise Library in my ASP .NET 1.1
    application, but only the following app blocks:

    Microsoft.Practices.Enterpriselibrary.Common
    Microsoft.Practices.Enterpriselibrary.Configuration
    Microsoft.Practices.Enterpriselibrary.ExceptionHandling
    Microsoft.Practices.Enterpriselibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging
    Microsoft.Practices.Enterpriselibrary.Logging

    I installed my app in a Windows 2000 Server, and I also installed these four
    components:
    Microsoft.Practices.Enterpriselibrary.Common
    Microsoft.Practices.Enterpriselibrary.Configuration
    Microsoft.Practices.Enterpriselibrary.ExceptionHandling
    Microsoft.Practices.Enterpriselibrary.Logging

    So, my app uses an event log entry, and writes it correctly, however I get
    two or four error events (plus my app event) almost every time my app writes
    to the event log, these are the error events:

    Source: Perflib
    from C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_wp.exe

    Source: Enterprise Library
    # of Logs Distributed/Sec' - Couldn't get process information from remote
    machine.

    Source: Enterprise Library
    Logs Written/Sec' - Couldn't get process information from remote machine.

    So, the ASPNET account doesn't have permissions to create instances of the
    Enterprise Library performance counters, but, what can I do to give it that
    permissions? or There is another way to resolve this problem??

    Thanks.

    --
    Luis Graillet Ramos

    =?Utf-8?B?Z3JhbGV0?=, Aug 2, 2006