Performance degradation

Boo R. Ghost

Hey group,
I've been workin on this for 3 days now... It's got me all confused.

I wrote a class to convert an HTML dom to an XML dom. HTML dom is provided
by Microsoft.mshtml.dll.
Next, I wrote a vb.net windows forms application which uses a
System.Net.WebClient object to reteive a web page from an https:// address.
Next I feed the html code to the converter and get the XMLDocument back.
Feed the XML Document to an Xml.Xsl.XslTransform object and write the output
to a textbox control.
This takes all of 10 seconds to run and the process consumes approx 23MB
memory.

Next I did the same thing with an aspx web page. Same process except write
the output to Response.OutputStream.
IF the code doesnt time out it takes between 1 and 2 minutes to run and the
aspnet_wp.exe process consumes approx 150MB of memory.

Any idea what would cause such a wild swing in behaviour?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Dan