    in your web.config file but not building/deploying the PDB symbol
    file?

    Thanks for your help.
    johdi, Jul 8, 2004

  2. johdi

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi

    Debugging mode can hit performance for some reasons :

    1) Debugging mode change the timing objects will be available for GC (in
    release mode objects that use once in method available for GC after the
    call).

    2) Debugging mode turn off JIT optimization and tell .NET runtime to
    track how objects
    used.

    3) Debug mode causes ASP.NET to compile applications with extra
    information that enables a debugger to closely monitor and control the
    execution of an application. there is dedicate handler for debugging :
    HttpDebugHandler, that get called when application instance create.

    4) Code that you write using Conditional Compilation Statements or
    System.Diagnostics.Conditional("DEBUG") attribute will run.

    Natty Gur[MVP]

    blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
    Mobile: +972-(0)52-8888377

    Natty Gur, Jul 8, 2004

  3. johdi

    Scott Allen Guest

    In addition to Natty's points, I believe you also lose the benefits of
    batch compiling the ASPX files. This can lead to the runtime
    generating an excessive number of assemblies.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com

    Scott Allen, Jul 8, 2004