Performance of ASP

Paul

Hi I have a question?

If I a loop that displays a list of records on a page, lets say a list
of contacts (lets say 200). The question that I have is does it effect
the performance if I add inside the loop the following:

if Arr[0,index]="1" then
end if

Many thanks
Paul

Mike Brind

Paul said:
Hi I have a question?

If I a loop that displays a list of records on a page, lets say a list
of contacts (lets say 200). The question that I have is does it effect
the performance if I add inside the loop the following:

if Arr[0,index]="1" then
end if

It will depend on what the code is between the If... End If. For
example, if it's something like Response.Write " checked" (for a
checkbox), there will be no noticeable difference.

Paul

Thanks for the advice.

The question is that if I had to loop through an array about 200 times
for 1500 oncurrent users, will using an "IF" statement will cause ANY
performance defect.

Paul

Mike said:
Paul said:
Hi I have a question?

If I a loop that displays a list of records on a page, lets say a list
of contacts (lets say 200). The question that I have is does it effect
the performance if I add inside the loop the following:

if Arr[0,index]="1" then
end if

It will depend on what the code is between the If... End If. For
example, if it's something like Response.Write " checked" (for a
checkbox), there will be no noticeable difference.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Paul said:
Thanks for the advice.

The question is that if I had to loop through an array about 200 times
for 1500 oncurrent users, will using an "IF" statement will cause ANY
performance defect.

I don't know. Time it and find out for yourself ...

Anthony Jones

Paul said:
Thanks for the advice.

The question is that if I had to loop through an array about 200 times
for 1500 oncurrent users, will using an "IF" statement will cause ANY
performance defect.

No.

Paul