Performance problem when moving to new server

Brian Cameron

Hi All,

We need to move an old asp database application that I wrote to a new
server. But when we do we start getting serious performance problems as more
and more users connect.

By old I mean old, its using a MS Acccess 97 database as the back end which
is on the server also.

There are no code changes just a streight move from the old server to the
new server. I testing it seemed ok, its only when a few users start
connecting that the performance get really bad.

It seems the initial connection time is one of the obvious problem areas.

The original server is running on Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 with IIS 5

The new server is running on Windows 2003 Service Pack 1 with IIS 6.

Whats different between the two versions that mightr be causing this
problem. Can anyone help?

TIA

Brian

Zam

Hello,

IIS6 should proceed ASP3 pages faster then IIS5.

IMHO you should check database connection pool in your code...

Try to run also your web application in "IIS5 isolation mode"

With best regards,