Performance profiling tools.

harish.dhawan

Can anyone suggest some good performance profiling tool for C/C++ code
that does not require recompiling/linking. I need for both windows and
solaris.

Victor Bazarov

Can anyone suggest some good performance profiling tool for C/C++ code
that does not require recompiling/linking. I need for both windows and
solaris.

Then you should probably ask in a Windows and Solaris newsgroups. There
are plenty of tools available but none of them are completely portable
(or as portable as C++ is). Here are several names for you to try and
find more information about: VTune, AQtime, gprof, www.google.com.