Performance project for the SigEx Foundry

pablo

have been testing performances of different scripting languages
fordatabase access, text processing and client application data
transfer. So far, I am getting better performance from PHP, but I
don't have any hard data to back it up compared to others.

This is a large project for the SigEx Foundry and it involves hundreds
of servers. I am looking for articles/studies/benchmarks on the
subject.

Thank you,

Pablo
Server Side Developer
Student for the SigEx Foundry
funded by SigEx Ventures

pierre_marie_durand

have been testing performances of different scripting languages
fordatabase access, text processing and client application data
transfer. So far, I am getting better performance from PHP, but I
don't have any hard data to back it up compared to others.

This is a large project for theSigExFoundryand it involves hundreds
of servers. I am looking for articles/studies/benchmarks on the
subject.

Thank you,

Pablo
Server Side Developer
Student for theSigExFoundry
funded bySigExVentures

Hi Pablo,

It's a good question. You want to really understand what you are doing
this benchmark for. In my opinion, you should go for the language that
fits your needs and focus on performance optimization for that
language. I would be more inclined to go with PHP, but that's a
personal choice. I'm sure you can search performance for these
languages and come up with lots of ressources on the web.

Pierre-Marie Durand

pablo

Hi Pablo,

It's a good question. You want to really understand what you are doing
this benchmark for. In my opinion, you should go for the language that
fits your needs and focus on performance optimization for that
language. I would be more inclined to go with PHP, but that's a
personal choice. I'm sure you can search performance for these
languages and come up with lots of ressources on the web.

Pierre-Marie Durand

Pierre-Marie,

Thanks for the feedback. You are right, for now, I am sticking to PHP,
but I would like to read more about this subject. Bearophile's link is
a good start. Thanks,

Pablo
Server Side Developer
Student for the SigEx Foundry,