    Student for the SigEx Foundry
    funded by SigEx Ventures

    , Feb 21, 2007

    Pablo:
    > I am looking for articles/studies/benchmarks on the subject.

    It's not easy to test that, you need to be equally expert on all the
    languages to test them. This may be a starting point for you:
    http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/

    Bye,
    bearophile

    , Feb 21, 2007

    On Feb 21, 1:15 pm, wrote:
    > have been testing performances of different scripting languages
    > fordatabase access, text processing and client application data
    > transfer. So far, I am getting better performance from PHP, but I
    > don't have any hard data to back it up compared to others.
    >
    > This is a large project for theSigExFoundryand it involves hundreds
    > of servers. I am looking for articles/studies/benchmarks on the
    > subject.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Pablo
    > Server Side Developer
    > Student for theSigExFoundry
    > funded bySigExVentures

    Hi Pablo,

    It's a good question. You want to really understand what you are doing
    this benchmark for. In my opinion, you should go for the language that
    fits your needs and focus on performance optimization for that
    language. I would be more inclined to go with PHP, but that's a
    personal choice. I'm sure you can search performance for these
    languages and come up with lots of ressources on the web.

    Pierre-Marie Durand

    , Feb 22, 2007

    On Feb 22, 8:40 pm, wrote:
    > On Feb 21, 1:15 pm, wrote:
    >
    > > have been testing performances of different scripting languages
    > > fordatabase access, text processing and client application data
    > > transfer. So far, I am getting better performance from PHP, but I
    > > don't have any hard data to back it up compared to others.

    > > This is a large project for theSigExFoundryand it involves hundreds
    > > of servers. I am looking for articles/studies/benchmarks on the
    > > subject.

    > > Thank you,

    > > Pablo
    > > Server Side Developer
    > > Student for theSigExFoundry,
    > > bySigExVentures

    > Hi Pablo,
    >
    > It's a good question. You want to really understand what you are doing
    > this benchmark for. In my opinion, you should go for the language that
    > fits your needs and focus on performance optimization for that
    > language. I would be more inclined to go with PHP, but that's a
    > personal choice. I'm sure you can search performance for these
    > languages and come up with lots of ressources on the web.
    >
    > Pierre-Marie Durand

    Pierre-Marie,

    Thanks for the feedback. You are right, for now, I am sticking to PHP,
    but I would like to read more about this subject. Bearophile's link is
    a good start. Thanks,

    Pablo
    Server Side Developer
    Student for the SigEx Foundry,