Performance prolem when deploying

Mans

Hi,

We have a quite simple asp.net application that works fne on my XP
development box. When we deploy it to a Windows 2003 Server performance is
really poor when rendering pages. When I turn tracing on it shows that it
takes more than 15 seconds between "Begin Render" and "End Render". All
application logic is in OnLoad which takes less than 0,1 seconds to complete
on both machines. The weird thing is that if we request this page locally
(from the server box) it takes 0,1 seconds. Authentication is Anonymous and
we don't find any errors anywhere. The statusline text in IE is flickering
while the request is being processed.

So, the question is: How come the times varies depending on where the
request comes from? It must be security related somehow but I can't figure
it out.

Thanks !

Mans

Madan Nayak

Hi...

Do you have used any client side implementation in the code behind pages..

As you have written there is flickering in the status bar, there is is some
kind to and from from server to browser before rendering the html..

Can you spcify some portion of the first aspx page.....

bruce barker

you probably have a large payload whose impact only shows up with a network
request. check how big your viewstate is. if you use netscape, check page
info, if ie, save the page to disk, and check the file size.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)