    it out.

    Thanks !

    Mans
    Mans, Jan 28, 2004

  2. Mans

    Madan Nayak Guest

    Hi...

    Do you have used any client side implementation in the code behind pages..

    As you have written there is flickering in the status bar, there is is some
    kind to and from from server to browser before rendering the html..

    Can you spcify some portion of the first aspx page.....

    "Mans" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > We have a quite simple asp.net application that works fne on my XP
    > development box. When we deploy it to a Windows 2003 Server performance is
    > really poor when rendering pages. When I turn tracing on it shows that it
    > takes more than 15 seconds between "Begin Render" and "End Render". All
    > application logic is in OnLoad which takes less than 0,1 seconds to

    complete
    > on both machines. The weird thing is that if we request this page locally
    > (from the server box) it takes 0,1 seconds. Authentication is Anonymous

    and

    Madan Nayak, Jan 28, 2004

  3. Mans

    bruce barker Guest

    you probably have a large payload whose impact only shows up with a network
    request. check how big your viewstate is. if you use netscape, check page
    info, if ie, save the page to disk, and check the file size.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Jan 28, 2004
  4. Mans

    Simon Green Guest

    There are also some useful tools that let you see what is going on between
    your browser and the server. The best is http://www.httpwatch.com/ . There's
    also http://www.blunck.info/iehttpheaders.html

    If it is the size of the output that is the problem then look at optimising
    it - removing viewstate if you aren't using it etc... You can also reduce
    the size with Http Compression - http://www.intesoft.net/aspaccelerator/

    - Simon Green
    InteSoft IT Ltd

    Simon Green, Jan 28, 2004