    performance gap between Ruby/LDAP, ActiveLDAP, and Net::LDAP that would
    justify standardizing on one over the others?

    , Oct 11, 2006

  2. On 10/11/06, <> wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    > Currently, in an application I'm working on I'm using Ruby/LDAP and
    > ActiveLDAP - and they both work relatively well. But recently I've run
    > into some performance snags. So my question is - is there a large
    > performance gap between Ruby/LDAP, ActiveLDAP, and Net::LDAP that would
    > justify standardizing on one over the others?

    ActiveLDAP is a wrapper on top of Ruby/LDAP. There is supposed to be
    work later toward making ActiveLDAP work with Net::LDAP, but I don't
    think that's started yet. Net::LDAP is pure Ruby, which means its
    significantly more portable. IMO, Net::LDAP has the better LDAP API
    than Ruby/LDAP (which mirrors the C API faithfully).

    -austin
    --
    Austin Ziegler * * http://www.halostatue.ca/
    * * http://www.halostatue.ca/feed/