performance ( slow at the first time )

BK Kim

Hello.

I have made my aspx websites and I realized that my application is running
slow at the first time but next time, it is very fast.

Is it because the codes are compiled at the first time?

If that's the case, do I need to hit every single pages so that my web users
will have better performance?

Does anyone know why it is slow at the first time?

Thanx

Guest

ASP.NET pages are compiled the first time they are hit. This compiled version is then stored on the server until they are updated. So the first time that a new version of those pages are hit the server needs to compile them, thus the slow reaction time. I am not sure if there is a way to precompile all of your pages. Anyone have any insite to that idea

Devin