Performance test/benchmark J2EE app

Lord0

Hi there,

I have inherited a J2EE app, which is running like a dog :)

I am tasked with finding and fixing the areas in which the performance
is particularly poor. Short of debugging through the app and taking
"timings" can you recommend any (free/open source) software out there
which will quickly help me identify the badly performing areas of the
app?

cheers

Lord0

Robert Klemme

Hi there,

I have inherited a J2EE app, which is running like a dog :)

I am tasked with finding and fixing the areas in which the performance
is particularly poor. Short of debugging through the app and taking
"timings" can you recommend any (free/open source) software out there
which will quickly help me identify the badly performing areas of the
app?

You can use -Xrunhprof (see doc for java application launcher) and then
analyze the result with HPJMeter (not to be confused with the test tool
JMeter) or PerfAnal to be found somewhere on Sun's site.

Or you can use the profiler plugin for Eclipse.

HTH

robert

Lord0

You can use -Xrunhprof (see doc for java application launcher) and then
analyze the result with HPJMeter (not to be confused with the test tool
JMeter) or PerfAnal to be found somewhere on Sun's site.

Or you can use the profiler plugin for Eclipse.

HTH

robert

Thanks for the pointers m8.

Lord0