periodic check for records to print

Guest

Every 10 seconds I need to search a SQL table for orders to print. The orders
are created through WebForms on ASP.NET clients. The orders should not print
until
10 minutes before they are due.

The network printer will be available from the server running IIS and SQL
Server 2000.

If this were a Windows Forms application, then I would create a system timer
in Form1.Load(). How is this done in an ASP.NET application?

Guest

Hi Tony,

As long as the PC that will run the server has the .net framework installed
then all of the functions that you listed will be available to the Windows
Service, as it would to any desktop application. The main difference between
the Windows Service and the desktop application is that in the former you
would not display a GUI that requires user input.

Guest

sorry for couple week delay as I moved from design to implementation ...
Now I have created my windows service

The printdocument.print function is NOT firing the printPage event.

I am using several eventlog.WriteEntry() statements to know how my program
is working and which functions are called. The structure of the program is
similar to the example in the PrintDocument Class documentation.

There is no microsoft.public.dotnet.service group, so I am not sure if this
dotnet.framework.aspnet group is the proper place to continue this discussion.

I will post the question again at microsoft.public.dotnet.framework and
include my source code.

btw, the data entry web pages are working very nicely...