    the life of me cannot get DBD::mysql either through ppm or cpan. I got
    mysqlPP but that doesn't do some of the things I need to do.

    Any suggestions? Thanks, CC.
    ccc31807, Mar 20, 2009

  2. ccc31807

    Ted Byers Guest

    On Mar 20, 11:10 am, ccc31807 <> wrote:
    > I've been using DBD::mysql ever since Perl 5.0 and never had a problem
    >
    > I'm now using Perl 5.10 on a brand new Windows Vista machine and for
    > the life of me cannot get DBD::mysql either through ppm or cpan. I got
    > mysqlPP but that doesn't do some of the things I need to do.
    >
    > Any suggestions? Thanks, CC.

    Did you add the university of Winnipeg repository (in PPM, select edit/
    preferences)? If not, do so and then you'll find DBD::mysql.

    As there are some differences between repositories, you might as well
    add all of the repositories that Activestate provides in the dropdown
    list they provide to make such additions easy.

    Cheers,

    Ted
    Ted Byers, Mar 20, 2009

  3. ccc31807

    ccc31807 Guest

    On Mar 20, 12:21 pm, Ted Byers <> wrote:
    > Did you add the university of Winnipeg repository (in PPM, select edit/
    > preferences)?  If not, do so and then you'll find DBD::mysql.

    If I were a cussing man, I'd cuss. I have an iteration of a project
    due tonight on this new machine, and dad-blast-it, they don't make it
    easy, do they? Thanks for your help, and it was easy, but only if you
    knew how to begin with. As it is, I wasted the better part of Thursday
    and Friday trying to get this to work, and it should have worked out
    of the box.

    > As there are some differences between repositories, you might as well
    > add all of the repositories that Activestate provides in the dropdown
    > list they provide to make such additions easy.

    Good advice, and I'll do it.

    > Cheers,

    Cheers to you. If I knew you, I'd buy you a bottle of your favorite
    beverage, and feel that I got much the better end of the bargain.
    Thanks, CC.
    ccc31807, Mar 20, 2009
  4. ccc31807

    Ted Byers Guest

    On Mar 20, 12:46 pm, ccc31807 <> wrote:
    > Cheers to you. If I knew you, I'd buy you a bottle of your favorite
    > beverage, and feel that I got much the better end of the bargain.
    > Thanks, CC.

    I don't drink anything but coffee, but how about, in lieu of a drink
    for me, you send a small donation to your nearest food bank to help
    someone who has suffered because of these interesting economic times.

    I'm just glad I could help.

    Cheers

    Ted
    Ted Byers, Mar 20, 2009
  5. ccc31807

    ccc31807 Guest

    On Mar 20, 12:53 pm, Ted Byers <> wrote:
    > I don't drink anything but coffee, but how about, in  lieu of a drink
    > for me, you send a small donation to your nearest food bank to help
    > someone who has suffered because of these interesting economic times.

    I'll do that.

    > I'm just glad I could help.

    So am I.

    CC