perl 5.6.1 compile on solaris 8

zrnaqvi

Trying to build perl source code on a solaris 8 machine. I have done a
search on the "buil-in" reference but can't find it in any make files.

Any help is appreciated.

root@host:home/znaqvi/perl-5.6.1> make
make: Warning: Both `makefile' and `Makefile' exist
AutoSplitting perl library
../miniperl -Ilib -e 'use AutoSplit; \
autosplit_lib_modules(@ARGV)' lib/*.pm lib/*/*.pm

Making DynaLoader (static)

Making utilities

Making x2p stuff
make: Warning: Both `makefile' and `Makefile' exist
Current working directory /u01/home/znaqvi/perl-5.6.1/x2p
make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target `<built-in>'
Current working directory /u01/home/znaqvi/perl-5.6.1/x2p
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `translators'
root@host:home/znaqvi/perl-5.6.1>