Perl 5.8.8 debugger has problem with paging

jdamon

Hi all,

When I try to examine a large datastructure using the pager, it never
returns back to the
perl debugger when I exit out of the Pager.

Example:

@a = 1..100

|x \@a

77 78
78 79
79 80
80 81
81 82
82 83
83 84
84 85
85 86
86 87
87 88
88 89
89 90
90 91
91 92
92 93
93 94
94 95
95 96
96 97
97 98
98 99
99 100
(END)

< I press "q" to exit out of Less>

Now I can't get back to my debugger ...... it won't let me see the
regular prompt any more.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

jdamon

Fixed my own problem.....

It seems that the following module causes problems/

Term::Readline::Gnu

it seems to corrupt the Debugger when you try to use the pager to view
output.

I manually deleted all of these elements ( everything related to
Term::Readline::Gnu ) and everything seemed to work fine.

robic0

Fixed my own problem.....

It seems that the following module causes problems/

Term::Readline::Gnu

it seems to corrupt the Debugger when you try to use the pager to view
output.

I manually deleted all of these elements ( everything related to
Term::Readline::Gnu ) and everything seemed to work fine.

Oh well, another CPAN module in the shitter...