Perl 5.8.8 debugger has problem with paging

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by jdamon@gmail.com, Mar 21, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    When I try to examine a large datastructure using the pager, it never
    returns back to the
    perl debugger when I exit out of the Pager.

    Example:

    @a = 1..100

    |x \@a

    77 78
    78 79
    79 80
    80 81
    81 82
    82 83
    83 84
    84 85
    85 86
    86 87
    87 88
    88 89
    89 90
    90 91
    91 92
    92 93
    93 94
    94 95
    95 96
    96 97
    97 98
    98 99
    99 100
    (END)

    < I press "q" to exit out of Less>

    Now I can't get back to my debugger ...... it won't let me see the
    regular prompt any more.

    Any ideas ?

    Thanks
    , Mar 21, 2006

    Re: Perl 5.8.8 debugger has problem with paging

    Fixed my own problem.....

    It seems that the following module causes problems/

    Term::Readline::Gnu

    it seems to corrupt the Debugger when you try to use the pager to view
    output.

    I manually deleted all of these elements ( everything related to
    Term::Readline::Gnu ) and everything seemed to work fine.
    , Mar 21, 2006

  3. robic0 Guest

    On 21 Mar 2006 15:44:07 -0800, "" <> wrote:

    >Fixed my own problem.....
    >
    >It seems that the following module causes problems/
    >

    >Term::Readline::Gnu
    >
    >it seems to corrupt the Debugger when you try to use the pager to view
    >output.
    >
    >I manually deleted all of these elements ( everything related to
    >Term::Readline::Gnu ) and everything seemed to work fine.

    Oh well, another CPAN module in the shitter...
    robic0, Mar 22, 2006