    saves having to write lots of exceptions-code.

    Thanks,

    David

    David Combs, Aug 1, 2004

  2. On 31 Jul 2004 20:42:47 -0400, (David Combs) wrote:

    >Saw dynamic vars in the interpreter-language, but
    >no mention in the perl-6 language.
    >
    >Is it there? Better, does perl-6 have such a dcl?
    >
    >For when it's needed, is very nice indeed;
    >saves having to write lots of exceptions-code.

    I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. AIUI Perl6 will finally
    get rid of the two current mostly orthogonal sets of variables
    (pacakge and lexical). What is now C<local> will be C<temp>. But then
    since you talk about exceptions, you may also be interested in
    hypotheticals, continuations and other marvels...

    Michele
    - Xah Lee trolling on clpmisc,

    Michele Dondi, Aug 1, 2004

  3. David Combs

    David Combs Guest

    In article <>,
    Michele Dondi <> wrote:
    >On 31 Jul 2004 20:42:47 -0400, (David Combs) wrote:
    >
    >>Saw dynamic vars in the interpreter-language, but
    >>no mention in the perl-6 language.
    >>
    >>Is it there? Better, does perl-6 have such a dcl?
    >>
    >>For when it's needed, is very nice indeed;
    >>saves having to write lots of exceptions-code.

    >I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. AIUI Perl6 will finally
    >get rid of the two current mostly orthogonal sets of variables
    >(pacakge and lexical). What is now C<local> will be C<temp>.

    Great! So it'll now be called "temp".

    (I would have preferred "dynamic", which is what common-lisp
    calls it, the pre lexical-concept of variable binding used
    in pre-common lisps, and still used in emacs-lisp.)

    Thanks!

    David

    David Combs, Aug 7, 2004
  4. On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 04:26:52 +0000 (UTC), (David
    Combs) wrote:

    >>(pacakge and lexical). What is now C<local> will be C<temp>.

    >Great! So it'll now be called "temp".
    >
    >(I would have preferred "dynamic", which is what common-lisp
    >calls it, the pre lexical-concept of variable binding used
    >in pre-common lisps, and still used in emacs-lisp.)

    Don't forget Perl's intrinsic and typical
    natural-languages-likeliness... IMHO "dynamic" wouldn't have been just
    as intuitive, and by far!

    PS: anser if you like, but then take into account that most probably I
    won't be able to read news for one or two weeks or possibly even till
    September!

    Michele
    - Xah Lee trolling on clpmisc,

    Michele Dondi, Aug 9, 2004