Perl Accessing Internet

downtoearth

Hi guys,

I write IRC scripts from within mIRC. I decided I wanted to expand the
capabilities by learning Perl, so now I have a compiler and such but
am trying to figure out what's going wrong. I try to access files on
the internet, but it does not work. It works fine when I try files on
my computer, but as soon as I attempt a URL it crashes. Here's the
section:

$data_file="http://www.angelfire.com/magic/sheepmagic/Decks/Burn.DEC.txt";
open(DAT, $data_file) || die("Could not open file!");

Please help!

Thanks,
downtoearth