    What is the appropriate module in perl that can access a ms access
    database trought the network and retrieve the data?

    / mike

    Mike_red, Dec 5, 2003

  2. Mike_red

    Ben Morrow Guest

    (Mike_red) wrote:
    > How can i connect to this database with PERL.

    Perl or perl, not PERL.

    > The PERL script will be running on the Debian server.
    >
    > What is the appropriate module in perl that can access a ms access
    > database trought the network and retrieve the data?

    With MS SQL Server I've had success with DBI and DBD::Sybase. Access
    may be the same...

    Ben

    on the strictest morality. [Samuel Butler, paraphrased]

    Ben Morrow, Dec 5, 2003

  3. Mike_red <> wrote:

    > I am currently working/programming a website using Debian Linux +
    > Perl + PHP + PostgreSQL + Apache.
    >
    > Some data in the postgreSQL server must be updated from a Microsft
    > Access database once a week.
    > The Micorosft Access database is running on a Windows NT 4
    > platform.
    >
    > How can i connect to this database with PERL.
    > The PERL script will be running on the Debian server.
    >
    > What is the appropriate module in perl that can access a ms access
    > database trought the network and retrieve the data?

    You might check the docs for DBD::ODBC. Here's a quote:

    How do I access an MS-Access database from Linux?

    I believe you can use the multi-tier drivers from
    http://www.openlinksw.com, however, I have not tested this.
    Also, I believe there is a commercial solution from
    http://www.easysoft.com. I have not tested this.

    My copy of DBD::ODBC may not be the most recent version, so check the
    CPAN.

    --
    David Wall

    David K. Wall, Dec 5, 2003