perl against ms access

Mike_red

Hello,

I hope someone can solve my problem here.

I am currently working/programming a website using Debian Linux + Perl
+ PHP + PostgreSQL + Apache.

Some data in the postgreSQL server must be updated from a Microsft
Access database once a week.
The Micorosft Access database is running on a Windows NT 4 platform.

How can i connect to this database with PERL.
The PERL script will be running on the Debian server.

What is the appropriate module in perl that can access a ms access
database trought the network and retrieve the data?

/ mike

Ben Morrow

How can i connect to this database with PERL.

Perl or perl, not PERL.
The PERL script will be running on the Debian server.

What is the appropriate module in perl that can access a ms access
database trought the network and retrieve the data?

With MS SQL Server I've had success with DBI and DBD::Sybase. Access
may be the same...

Ben

David K. Wall

Mike_red said:
I am currently working/programming a website using Debian Linux +
Perl + PHP + PostgreSQL + Apache.

Some data in the postgreSQL server must be updated from a Microsft
Access database once a week.
The Micorosft Access database is running on a Windows NT 4
platform.

How can i connect to this database with PERL.
The PERL script will be running on the Debian server.

What is the appropriate module in perl that can access a ms access
database trought the network and retrieve the data?

You might check the docs for DBD::ODBC. Here's a quote:

How do I access an MS-Access database from Linux?

I believe you can use the multi-tier drivers from
http://www.openlinksw.com, however, I have not tested this.
Also, I believe there is a commercial solution from
http://www.easysoft.com. I have not tested this.

My copy of DBD::ODBC may not be the most recent version, so check the
CPAN.