Perl and modems

timgerr

I want to write a script that will send information to the modem to automate a phone queue that I have to call every say. I heard that this can be done in perl but I am net to perl. Can someone point me in a direction?

Thanks

Paul Lalli

I want to write a script that will send information to the modem to
automate a phone queue that I have to call every say. I heard that this
can be done in perl but I am net to perl. Can someone point me in a
direction?

How new to Perl are you? If you need to learn the basics, I point you to
http://learn.perl.org

If you are comfortable with the language, I point you to CPAN. This is
the place you go when you wonder "Has anyone already done ____" in Perl?
You start your search of CPAN at http://search.cpan.org.

In this case, a search for "Modem" turned up this likely candidate:
http://search.cpan.org/~cosimo/Device-Modem-1.36/docs/Modem.pod

Paul Lalli