    timgerr Guest

    I want to write a script that will send information to the modem to automate a phone queue that I have to call every say. I heard that this can be done in perl but I am net to perl. Can someone point me in a direction?

    Thanks

    timgerr, Jul 7, 2004

  2. timgerr

    Paul Lalli Guest

    On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, timgerr wrote:

    > I want to write a script that will send information to the modem to
    > automate a phone queue that I have to call every say. I heard that this
    > can be done in perl but I am net to perl. Can someone point me in a
    > direction?

    How new to Perl are you? If you need to learn the basics, I point you to
    http://learn.perl.org

    If you are comfortable with the language, I point you to CPAN. This is
    the place you go when you wonder "Has anyone already done ____" in Perl?
    You start your search of CPAN at http://search.cpan.org.

    In this case, a search for "Modem" turned up this likely candidate:
    http://search.cpan.org/~cosimo/Device-Modem-1.36/docs/Modem.pod

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Jul 7, 2004

  3. timgerr