Perl and strings

Novarro Williams

I have a file which contains a long string of data, I need to read
the string in chunks of 512 bytes any suggestions?

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Novarro said:
I have a file which contains a long string of data, I need to read
the string in chunks of 512 bytes any suggestions?

perldoc -f read

nobull

Gunnar Hjalmarsson said:
perldoc -f read

See also $/ in perldoc perlvar

here. Please do not join in with existing threads without pointing
out that this newsgroup does not exist.