Perl, Apache and Certificates

am500803

Hi !

I am using Apache2 with self-signed certificates. I also made client
certificates and everything is cool.
Of course, i am also using mod_ssl.
But somehow I cannot get DN of the certificate into perl CGI code. It
ought to be in an SSL... environment variables, but its not. If I set
SSLOptions in apache config to FakeAuth, I can see full certificate
description in access file, but yet not in a perl script. Do i need to
'use' some special library ?
No direct documentation provided nowwhere, so any hint is appreciable.

smallpond

Hi !

I am using Apache2 with self-signed certificates. I also made client
certificates and everything is cool.
Of course, i am also using mod_ssl.
But somehow I cannot get DN of the certificate into perl CGI code. It
ought to be in an SSL... environment variables, but its not. If I set
SSLOptions in apache config to FakeAuth, I can see full certificate
description in access file, but yet not in a perl script. Do i need to
'use' some special library ?
No direct documentation provided nowwhere, so any hint is appreciable.

In http.conf you should have:
SSLVerifyClient require (or 2)
SSLOptions +StdEnvVars

In the CGI check