perl::api2 pdf problem...

michael vernersen

I have a thing i want to do with perl::api2 pdf module.

Having search for days but i can't figure out this simple thing...

I want to create a new pdf document ( could by many pages ) where each
side should have the logo, from another pdf file ( 1 page )

The problem comes when the new pdf has more than a single page , then i
can't put the logo on the following pages.

So the best i have , and i doesn't work is :

$pdf=PDF::API2->new;
$pdf=PDF::API2->open('/pdf/1.pdf');

$pages=10; $t=0;

while ($t<$pages) {
$page=$pdf->page();
$page=$pdf->openpage(1);
$t++;
}

$pdf->saveas($filename);
$pdf->end;

Any suggestions ???????????????????

Thanks in advance...

Regards , Michael.

Matt Garrish

michael vernersen said:
I have a thing i want to do with perl::api2 pdf module.
<snip repeat of earlier post>

I have many things I want to do, the least of which is find people
re-posting the same question (or do the two extra dots in your subject line
provide added meaning?). If someone has anything to say about your problem,
they'll say it. The fastest way to get ignored, however, is to do what
you've just done.

Matt

michael vernersen

Matt Garrish said:
<snip repeat of earlier post>

I have many things I want to do, the least of which is find people
re-posting the same question (or do the two extra dots in your subject line
provide added meaning?). If someone has anything to say about your problem,
they'll say it. The fastest way to get ignored, however, is to do what
you've just done.

Matt

Hi Matt.

Sorry it was not my intension to post the same question , more than once.

What i want was to post the question to the germany perl newsgroup just in
case someone there has an answer.

I'm glad you corrected me , but sorry that you didn't was the person with
the answer to my little problem.

Regards Michael...

Matt Garrish

michael vernersen said:
What i want was to post the question to the germany perl newsgroup just in
case someone there has an answer.

Cross-posting questions is just as bad. If you want the message to go to
more than one group, include all the groups in one post so everyone can see
the replies.

As to your problem, I'm not sure how much luck you're going to have.
PDF::API2 (not the perl::api2 you have in your subject) is not a core
module, so I doubt many people here have used it. I also suspect from the
code you've posted that you haven't made much of an effort to solve the
problem yourself, either. If you're not willing to read the documentation
and/or experiment on your own, don't expect people here to do it for you.

Matt

Michele Ouellet

As to your problem, I'm not sure how much luck you're going to have.
PDF::API2 (not the perl::api2 you have in your subject) is not a core
module, so I doubt many people here have used it.

Probably true, therefore you would have better luck with the following
newsgroup:

(e-mail address removed)

Enjoy!

Michèle Ouellet.

michael vernersen

Michele Ouellet said:
Probably true, therefore you would have better luck with the following
newsgroup:

(e-mail address removed)

Enjoy!

Michèle Ouellet.

Hi Michele

After read for one hour i found the solution....

#!/usr/bin/perl

use PDF::API2;

my $temp = PDF::API2->open('Template.pdf');
my $mypdf = PDF::API2->new();
my $page1 = $mypdf->importpage($temp, 1);
$mypdf->saveas('apitest.pdf');

This works and i'm very glad fro your advice....

Thanks , Michael.