perl::api2 pdf problem...

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by michael vernersen, Feb 29, 2004.

  1. I have a thing i want to do with perl::api2 pdf module.

    Having search for days but i can't figure out this simple thing...

    I want to create a new pdf document ( could by many pages ) where each
    side should have the logo, from another pdf file ( 1 page )

    The problem comes when the new pdf has more than a single page , then i
    can't put the logo on the following pages.

    So the best i have , and i doesn't work is :

    $pdf=PDF::API2->new;
    $pdf=PDF::API2->open('/pdf/1.pdf');

    $pages=10; $t=0;

    while ($t<$pages) {
    $page=$pdf->page();
    $page=$pdf->openpage(1);
    $t++;
    }

    $pdf->saveas($filename);
    $pdf->end;

    Any suggestions ???????????????????

    Thanks in advance...

    Regards , Michael.
    michael vernersen, Feb 29, 2004

  2. michael vernersen

    Matt Garrish Guest

    "michael vernersen" <> wrote in message

    > I have a thing i want to do with perl::api2 pdf module.

    <snip repeat of earlier post>

    I have many things I want to do, the least of which is find people
    re-posting the same question (or do the two extra dots in your subject line
    provide added meaning?). If someone has anything to say about your problem,
    they'll say it. The fastest way to get ignored, however, is to do what
    you've just done.

    Matt
    Matt Garrish, Feb 29, 2004

  3. "Matt Garrish" <> wrote in message news:<dtp0c.98$>...
    > "michael vernersen" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > I have a thing i want to do with perl::api2 pdf module.
    > >

    > <snip repeat of earlier post>
    >
    > I have many things I want to do, the least of which is find people
    > re-posting the same question (or do the two extra dots in your subject line
    > provide added meaning?). If someone has anything to say about your problem,
    > they'll say it. The fastest way to get ignored, however, is to do what
    > you've just done.
    >
    > Matt

    Hi Matt.

    Sorry it was not my intension to post the same question , more than once.

    What i want was to post the question to the germany perl newsgroup just in
    case someone there has an answer.

    I'm glad you corrected me , but sorry that you didn't was the person with
    the answer to my little problem.

    Regards Michael...
    michael vernersen, Mar 1, 2004
  4. michael vernersen

    > What i want was to post the question to the germany perl newsgroup just

    in
    > case someone there has an answer.

    Cross-posting questions is just as bad. If you want the message to go to
    more than one group, include all the groups in one post so everyone can see
    the replies.

    As to your problem, I'm not sure how much luck you're going to have.
    PDF::API2 (not the perl::api2 you have in your subject) is not a core
    module, so I doubt many people here have used it. I also suspect from the
    code you've posted that you haven't made much of an effort to solve the
    problem yourself, either. If you're not willing to read the documentation
    and/or experiment on your own, don't expect people here to do it for you.

    Matt
    Matt Garrish, Mar 1, 2004
  5. > As to your problem, I'm not sure how much luck you're going to have.
    > PDF::API2 (not the perl::api2 you have in your subject) is not a core
    > module, so I doubt many people here have used it.

    Probably true, therefore you would have better luck with the following
    newsgroup:

    Enjoy!

    Michèle Ouellet.
    Michele Ouellet, Mar 2, 2004
  6. "Michele Ouellet" <> wrote in message news:<At_0c.101433$>...
    > > As to your problem, I'm not sure how much luck you're going to have.
    > > PDF::API2 (not the perl::api2 you have in your subject) is not a core
    > > module, so I doubt many people here have used it.

    > Probably true, therefore you would have better luck with the following
    > newsgroup:
    >

    > Enjoy!
    >
    > Michèle Ouellet.

    Hi Michele

    After read for one hour i found the solution....

    #!/usr/bin/perl

    use PDF::API2;

    my $temp = PDF::API2->open('Template.pdf');
    my $mypdf = PDF::API2->new();
    my $page1 = $mypdf->importpage($temp, 1);
    $mypdf->saveas('apitest.pdf');

    This works and i'm very glad fro your advice....

    Thanks , Michael.
    michael vernersen, Mar 3, 2004