Perl based SMTP server?

Peter Smith [gjfc]

People,

I have sendmail working on my linux box.

Since I can use sendmail to send e-mails, would it be easy to write a
simple Perl script which listens for data on port 25?

Then, if it gets some data, it just passes it to sendmail.

Do any of you know if such a simple script is floating around somewhere
on the net?

....Peter
http://GoodJobFastCar.com

Joe Smith

Peter said:
I have sendmail working on my linux box.

If sendmail is fully installed, it will be listening on port 25.
Since I can use sendmail to send e-mails, would it be easy to write a
simple Perl script which listens for data on port 25?

Why bother? The functionality is built into sendmail as long as
/etc/sysconfig/sendmail has "DAEMON=yes" in it.

-Joe