Perl binary distribution with threads support

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Yash, May 13, 2004.

  1. Yash

    Yash Guest

    Hi,
    Can anyone point me to a Perl binary distribution for HP-UX 11i with
    support for threads?
    The one at http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Languages/perl-5.8.3/
    has been compiled without threads support.

    If I run my program I get the following message:
    This Perl has neither ithreads nor 5005threads at
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.3/Thread.pm line 335
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.3/Thread.pm line 335.
    Compilation failed in require at ./prog.pl line 307.

    Also, if I do /usr/local/bin/perl -V,
    it gives:
    Summary of my perl5 (revision 5.0 version 8 subversion 3)
    configuration:
    Platform:
    osname=hpux, osvers=11.00, archname=PA-RISC2.0
    uname='hp-ux ness b.11.00 a 9000780 2012209406 two-user license '
    config_args='-d -e -Dcc=gcc -Dprefix=/usr/local useposix=true'
    usethreads=undef use5005threads=undef useithreads=undef
    usemultiplicity=undef
    which means the perl has not been compiled with threads support.

    Yash, May 13, 2004

  2. Yash

    Jack Challen Guest

    Yash wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Can anyone point me to a Perl binary distribution for HP-UX 11i with
    > support for threads?
    > The one at http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Languages/perl-5.8.3/
    > has been compiled without threads support.

    HP's supplied version has been compiled with thread support.

    You can get it from
    http://www.software.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=PERL

    -or-
    http://tinyurl.com/2cfjt

    I'm pretty sure that that version has been compiled with HP's Ansi C
    compiler, so you may run into problems when installing XS modules though.

    Cheers
    jack

    Jack Challen, May 13, 2004