    I know that's not obvious question to answer.

    Thanx

    Sebatien

    Sebastien, Jan 28, 2005

  2. Sebastien wrote :
    > HI,
    > I am a newbie, and just wonder.
    > If some guy programs a CGI script with PERL can he get my email

    It's Perl or perl nut not PERL

    > address while I am browsing his web site by his/her CGI PERL script?

    No, he can't.

    > I know that's not obvious question to answer.

    HTH
    Martin

    --
    perl -e 'print 7.74.117.115.116.11.32.13.97.110.111.116.104.101.114.11
    ..32.13.112.101.114.108.11.32.13.104.97.99.107.101.114.10.7'

    Martin Kissner, Jan 28, 2005

  3. (Sebastien) wrote in

    > HI,
    > I am a newbie, and just wonder.
    > If some guy programs a CGI script with PERL can he get my email
    > address while I am browsing his web site by his/her CGI PERL script?
    > I know that's not obvious question to answer.

    Your question has nothing to do with Perl.

    You can find the answer in the CGI FAQ list, section 3 to be specific:

    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/www/cgi-faq/preamble.html

    Sinan.

    A. Sinan Unur, Jan 28, 2005
  4. Sebastien wrote:

    > If some guy programs a CGI script with PERL can he get my email
    > address while I am browsing his web site by his/her CGI PERL script?

    No. And not with Perl either. (What is this PERL you're talking about,
    anyway?)

    > I know that's not obvious question to answer.

    Actually, it is.

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Jan 28, 2005
  5. A. Sinan Unur wrote:

    > (Sebastien) wrote in
    >
    >>If some guy programs a CGI script with PERL can he get my email
    >>address while I am browsing his web site by his/her CGI PERL script?

    > Your question has nothing to do with Perl.
    >
    > You can find the answer in the CGI FAQ list, section 3 to be specific:
    >
    > http://www.faqs.org/faqs/www/cgi-faq/preamble.html

    While I know it's totally OT but for completeness I shall mention that
    the HTTP protocol _does_ allow you to put your e-mail address in the
    From: header of your HTTP requests. However the only web clients I've
    ever heard of that do this are robots where this address is used to
    inform the to the robot's owner if it's gone out of control.

    http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.22

    Brian McCauley, Jan 28, 2005
  6. Brian McCauley <> wrote in news:ctdroq$9ss$1
    @sun3.bham.ac.uk:

    > A. Sinan Unur wrote:

    >> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/www/cgi-faq/preamble.html

    > While I know it's totally OT but for completeness I shall mention that
    > the HTTP protocol _does_ allow you to put your e-mail address in the
    > From: header of your HTTP requests.

    BTW, the CGI FAQ mentions that in

    3.2 Can I get the email of visitors?
    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/www/cgi-faq/section-40.html

    I decided to link to the top level so that the OP could be motivated to
    actually looking at all the information listed there.

    Sinan.

    A. Sinan Unur, Jan 28, 2005