    Does anyone know where to find information on coverperl?
    Does anyone know the defualt install location of coverperl?

    , Sep 8, 2006

  2. Matt Garrish Guest

    wrote:

    > Hello Everyone,
    > I am trying to run code coverage on some of my perl code.
    > I have been able to get a .cvp file from running "perl -d:Coverage
    > test1.pl"
    > but I am unable to locate information on 'coverperl', or find the
    > coverperl program on my machine.
    > Does anyone know where to find information on coverperl?
    > Does anyone know the defualt install location of coverperl?

    I only know in XP it goes into \perl\bin, but you might try looking in
    the directory where you installed Devel::Coverage. It should be with
    the module.

    In terms of more info, the following might be some help:

    http://www.ddj.com/184404661

    As the docs say, though, it's alpha software so there may not exist
    much else.

    Matt

    Matt Garrish, Sep 9, 2006

  3. Matt Garrish Guest

    Matt Garrish, Sep 9, 2006
  4. >>>>> "Matt" == Matt Garrish <> writes:

    Matt> In terms of more info, the following might be some help:

    Matt> http://www.ddj.com/184404661

    Matt> As the docs say, though, it's alpha software so there may not exist
    Matt> much else.

    In 2001 (the date of the article), Devel::Cover was alpha software, yes. It's
    pretty mature now... and very useful.

    Randal L. Schwartz, Sep 9, 2006
  5. Matt Garrish Guest

    Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

    > Matt> In terms of more info, the following might be some help:
    >
    > Matt> http://www.ddj.com/184404661
    >
    > Matt> As the docs say, though, it's alpha software so there may not exist
    > Matt> much else.
    >
    > In 2001 (the date of the article), Devel::Cover was alpha software, yes. It's
    > pretty mature now... and very useful.

    Ahh, I wasn't aware it had branched off into another set of modules.
    The Devel-Coverage module looked quite abandoned, and that was the best
    I could find to point the OP to. There are a lot of Devel- and B-
    modules I never get a chance to look at in my daily work, so I was
    curious to see what this one could do. Thanks for the pointer!

    Matt

    Matt Garrish, Sep 9, 2006
  6. >>>>> "Matt" == Matt Garrish <> writes:

    >> In 2001 (the date of the article), Devel::Cover was alpha software, yes. It's
    >> pretty mature now... and very useful.
    >>

    Matt> Ahh, I wasn't aware it had branched off into another set of modules.
    Matt> The Devel-Coverage module looked quite abandoned, and that was the best
    Matt> I could find to point the OP to. There are a lot of Devel- and B-
    Matt> modules I never get a chance to look at in my daily work, so I was
    Matt> curious to see what this one could do. Thanks for the pointer!

    Ahh, hadn't even noticed that it said "Devel::Coverage" in the article.
    I read what I wanted to read.

    Egad. I'm human. :)

    print "Just another Perl hacker,"; # and this too

    Randal L. Schwartz, Sep 9, 2006