    Anyone know of any good perl compilers for windows. I have searched
    and found no good ones.
    robin

    Robin, Dec 3, 2009

  2. Robin

    John Bokma Guest

    Robin <> writes:

    > Anyone know of any good perl compilers for windows. I have searched
    > and found no good ones.
    > robin

    Maybe because there isn't any compiler (that I know of, other than the
    perl built in one, which doesn't output an exe).

    If you want to bundle your Perl program, modules, and other resources
    into an exe, check out PAR: http://par.perl.org/wiki/Main_Page

    --
    John Bokma

    Read my blog: http://johnbokma.com/
    Hire me (Perl/Python): http://castleamber.com/

    John Bokma, Dec 3, 2009

    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Perl compilers
    --
    Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
    Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

    Andrew DeFaria, Dec 3, 2009
  4. Robin

    Willem Guest

    John Bokma wrote:
    ) Robin <> writes:
    )
    )> Anyone know of any good perl compilers for windows. I have searched
    )> and found no good ones.
    )> robin
    )
    ) Maybe because there isn't any compiler (that I know of, other than the
    ) perl built in one, which doesn't output an exe).

    I thought ActiveState Perl outputted exe-s,
    Or am I mistaken ?

    SaSW, Willem
    drugged or something..
    #EOT

    Willem, Dec 3, 2009
  5. Robin <> writes:
    > Anyone know of any good perl compilers for windows. I have searched
    > and found no good ones.

    Do you really need a *compiler*? Perl is normally interpreted, not
    compiled. (Well, there's some compilation that goes on when you
    invoke a Perl script/program, but it doesn't generate a .exe file.)

    If you do need a compiler, why do you need it? (Knowing will help us
    to give you a meaningful answer to your question -- if there is one.)

    Nokia

    Keith Thompson, Dec 4, 2009
  6. Robin

    Guest

    On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 16:50:37 -0800, Keith Thompson <> wrote:

    >Robin <> writes:
    >> Anyone know of any good perl compilers for windows. I have searched
    >> and found no good ones.

    >Do you really need a *compiler*? Perl is normally interpreted, not
    >compiled. (Well, there's some compilation that goes on when you
    >invoke a Perl script/program, but it doesn't generate a .exe file.)
    >
    >If you do need a compiler, why do you need it? (Knowing will help us
    >to give you a meaningful answer to your question -- if there is one.)

    perl2exe is a good way to generate a self contained interpreter and
    your script into a nice useable exe for machines where perl isn't/won't be
    installed.

    -sln

    , Dec 4, 2009
  7. On Dec 3, 8:11 pm, wrote:
    > On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 16:50:37 -0800, Keith Thompson <> wrote:
    > >Robin <> writes:
    > >> Anyone know of any good perl compilers for windows. I have searched
    > >> and found no good ones.

    > >Do you really need a *compiler*?  Perl is normally interpreted, not
    > >compiled.  (Well, there's some compilation that goes on when you
    > >invoke a Perl script/program, but it doesn't generate a .exe file.)

    > >If you do need a compiler, why do you need it?  (Knowing will help us
    > >to give you a meaningful answer to your question -- if there is one.)

    > perl2exe is a good way to generate a self contained interpreter and
    > your script into a nice useable exe for machines where perl isn't/won't be
    > installed.
    >
    > -sln

    ActiveState has a remarkable tool called Perlapp which packages your
    environment and your code into a *.exe.

    Barry McClintock, Dec 16, 2009