    if there's one, please tell me which one is used.

    TIA for your help.

    Raul.

    ranrodrig, Mar 30, 2007

  2. ranrodrig

    Guest

    On Mar 30, 12:47 pm, "ranrodrig" <> wrote:
    > Folks, can you tell me if there is a continuation character in Perl?,

    The newline is the Perl continuation character.

    (for the most part, except in heredocs or something goofy like that,
    Perl doesn't care if a statement is on one line or many)

    David Filmer (http://DavidFilmer.com)

    , Mar 30, 2007

  3. ranrodrig

    Uri Guttman Guest

    r> Folks, can you tell me if there is a continuation character in Perl?,
    r> if there's one, please tell me which one is used.

    it is \n

    uri

    Uri Guttman, Mar 30, 2007
  4. On 2007-03-30 19:47, ranrodrig <> wrote:
    > Folks, can you tell me if there is a continuation character in Perl?,

    No. Why would you need one?

    hp

    --
    _ | Peter J. Holzer | Blaming Perl for the inability of programmers
    |_|_) | Sysadmin WSR | to write clearly is like blaming English for
    __/ | http://www.hjp.at/ | -- Charlton Wilbur in clpm

    Peter J. Holzer, Mar 30, 2007
  5. ranrodrig wrote:
    > Folks, can you tell me if there is a continuation character in Perl?,

    What is a "continuation character"?

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Mar 30, 2007