perl DB (pgsql)I: problems searching text strings with ' symbol (es d'ambrose)

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Filippo, Apr 8, 2007.

  1. Filippo

    Filippo Guest

    hello,

    if I try to SQL SELECT LIKE for a string containing single quote:

    my $name = $dbh->quote(qq/d'ambr%/);
    SELECT name FROM mytable WHERE name LIKE $name

    I get this error

    DBD::pgPP::st execute failed: Unknown message type: '­' at C:/Perl/
    site/lib/DBD/
    PgPP.pm line 730

    I have no problems inserting text

    How can I solve it?

    p.s.
    I really need LIKE and %

    Filippo, Apr 8, 2007

  2. Filippo

    Filippo Guest

    On 8 Apr, 01:30, "Filippo" <> wrote:

    (snip)

    solved, it is a DBD::pgPP bug. I changed to DBD::pg, now it works fine.

    Filippo, Apr 8, 2007