Perl debugger no longer lets me arrow up and down

JS Bangs

This may very well be an OS problem, in which case I'll humbly accept your
suggestions to go elsewhere with it.

In the meantime: the perl debugger no longer lets me use the up and down
arrow keys to page through my history. Instead, I get lovely bits of ^[[A
and ^[[B. This started after I upgraded from v5.6.1 to v5.8 (possibly
upgrading/messing up the debugger?). Is there a config file somewhere I
can fix?

History arrows still work as expected in bash and mysql, making me think
that it's *not* an OS problem. TIA--

Jesse S. Bangs (e-mail address removed)

JS Bangs

Colin Campbell sikyal:
In the meantime: the perl debugger no longer lets me use the up and down
arrow keys to page through my history. Instead, I get lovely bits of ^[[A
and ^[[B. This started after I upgraded from v5.6.1 to v5.8 (possibly
upgrading/messing up the debugger?). Is there a config file somewhere I
can fix?
I think you might be missing the Term::Readline module off CPAN.

Isn't that part of the standard Perl library?

In any case, I went to install it, and CPAN said it wanted an upgrade. So
I did that, which automatically upgraded/reinstalled Term::ReadLine, which
fixed the problem.

Thanks!

Jesse S. Bangs (e-mail address removed)